With the release of Morbid Seraphic it is my pleasure to interview the talented Nathan Squiers. April and May have been an exciting time for him as you will read with lots of new releases. Welcome Nathan, Literary Dark Prince!
Originally my writing was an outlet to overcome some inner demons, but as I was writing the first book of the Crimson Shadow series (when I was about 15 or 16) I realized that I'd found a great deal of joy in the literary process. After that, I continued to write and my dreams of being an author began.
4. When you write do you like it quiet or do you like to play music? If you prefer music, what types?
I definitely prefer music, but I can't concentrate on my work if I'm listening to English lyrics. For this reason, when it comes time to write I have a playlist of Japanese rock & metal (mostly Dir en Grey and Girugamesh and Gackt).
5. Are you an am, pm or any time writer?
I write when the urge hits me. There is never a wrong time to write for The Literary Dark Prince.
6. Do you have any quirky habits?
I actually had to ask my fiancé for intel on this one (I knew I had habits that could be considered quirky, but one rarely sees anything they do out of the ordinary). She has informed me that I am a fidgeter--or one who fidgets, I'm not certain which it is--and that, unless I'm writing, I'm almost always moving in some sort of impatient manner (pacing, tapping my foot, twiddling my fingers, etc…)
7. If I came to your house and opened your refrigerator, what would I find? Are any of those items a guilty pleasure used when writing?
Caffeinated beverages (both coffee and energy drinks), leftovers, varying condiments, and, of course, bacon.
8. If you could time travel, even to a fictional place, where and what era would it be? Why?
I think I'd want to visit the future and see how things play out for mankind (maybe get a few golden lotto numbers while I'm at it).
9. Tell us about your other published stories or novels? Or perhaps, do you have something in the works that you would like to tell us about?
I just released book #1 of my vampire series, Crimson Shadow: Noir, with Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing (available both in paperback and Kindle formats) and Noir's prequel, "Wicked Paints", for Kindle. The series follows Xander Stryker--a tormented young man who finds out he's a part of a vampiric community--and his growing legacy.
10. Share with us the sites we can stalk you on.
I can be found on www.nathansquiers.com (a great number of my sites--Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc…--are linked there). My work can be found on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nathan+squiers
Thanks you Nathan!